Sunday 25 November 2007

Police,Drugs & Camels

Whats happenned since the last post! Well, last week was spent in a really nice hotel in Jodhpur, chilling out. After spending a couple of weeks in mad,busy Indian cities, it was nice just to read and chill by a pool. I also benifitted from meeting an old French hippy at the hotel ( who did the whole hippy trail thing in the 70's ) He'd had been givin a load of nepali grass off an icelandic gentleman. Suffice to say some of its now on its third owner. The last weeks been very relaxing:)

Last few days have been spent in Jaisemier, a small fort town about 100km from the Pakistan border. Its right in the middle of the Thar Desert, so yesterday went on a camel safari. My camel was called Raja, he seemed to be the best behaved of the bunch, going vaugely in the direction I wanted him to go. Luckly there is not much to bump into in the desert. Spent the night sleeping under the stars, then came back to town this morning. Turns out the guildes didn't pay the tourist tax and didn't feel like bribeing the cops. We had to take a detour of the main road and through a load of gypsy villages, with a cop car following us. We had 4WD, the fuzz had 2WD. We won.

I would post pictures, but 1) I accidently deleted them all off my camera. 2) Slow computer, the connection for this post is through a mobile phone:(

Anyway, I'll post the safari pictures when my fellow desert buddies email me some copies.

No comments: