Friday 8 February 2008

North West Bengal

Kolkata, Park St.



Puri beech


Hello everyone. Sorry I've not posted for a while. Since leaving Darjeeling not much has really happened! Tried to get into the Kingdom of Bhutan- but couldn't because I didn't have a visa- even though the Lonely Planet book of lies said you didn't need one. Oh well only a day wasted. It was then a bit of a nightmare journey down to Kolkata. A mixture of really heavy rain, then i got 'ill'. Completely lost my appitite and couldn't sleep- hence completely knackererd and no bike riding. Luckilly my appitite has returned, ,and i'm back on the curry:)

Finally made it to Kolokata last week. Very cool city, very cosmopolitan. Looks a bit like an old derilict version of London. Got bike serviced+ new front suspension. the old ones were completely shot.

Now about 300 miles down the coast from Kolkata in a place called Puri. Its on the beech and very chilled out. think I might stay here a few days and enjoy the sun:)

1 comment:

prophin said...

Glad you're now better - where is the candy floss, donkeys and buckets and spades on the beach - (not beech - that's a type of wood!!)it dosn't look like my favourite seaside town - BLACKPOOL!!!! just love it there!!

Oh I think I am having to get my gall bladder removed - will tell you more when you next phone home

Take care love you
Mum
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx